I am Interested in how social-political and religious contexts can define the identity of the people. Human condition, emotional behaviour, survival, struggle.
As a Portuguese, the legacy follows me and there is an urge to discover and get to know the peoples of the world, their habitat, how they interact with each other, the communities. Interact to understand, communicate.
However, not interfering with the situation is important, in order to capture the real happening moment. The capture of a Filmographic mood can be seen as characteristic of my images. The moments in suspense, on hold.
I would define my work as: Light shapes the contrast of the Form – Human feelings form the contrast of the Content.
Born in Lisbon, Portugal. Grew up in a former industrial city in the suburbs of Lisbon. His grandfather was an amateur photographer in the 50s and 60s and travelled the world for exhibiting his work – see here.
Lives in Munich, Germany, working as a Software Engineer.
Photography studies in Lisbon between 2013 and 2015 in MEF (Movimento de Expressão Fotográfica).
Attended the Anzenberger Photography Masterclass 2017/2018, in Vienna.
Collective documentary Photography with MEF:
– Portuguese small villages (rural and desertified), 2016
– India, 2015
– São Tomé e Príncipe (African Islands), 2015
– HongKong, Macau, China & Vietnam, 2017
– “5:30” – India (collective book with ME, Lisbon, 2015)
– “Cadernos do Oriente” – HongKong, Macau, China & Vietnam (collective book with MEF, Lisbon, 2017)
– “Octagon” – (collective Magazin with Anzenberger Gallery, Viena, 2018)
– Collective exhibition “NOW!” in Haus der Fotografie, Vienna, 2016
– Invited to the Frontpage of VASA-Project, online exhibition, 2017
– Collective exhibition “SÜD OST ORT WEST” in Kösk, Munich, 2017
– Collective exhibition “Ungleichheit” in Kösk, Munich, 2018
– Collective exhibition “Octagon” in Azenberger Gallery, Vienna, 2018
– Selected work “Velut Aegrum” to be exhibited in “Arles the time of an immersion”, Maison des Peintres, Arles, 2018
– Collective exhibition in dieFärberei, Munich, 2018
– Collective exhibition “Behinderung ist Rebelion” in Kösk, Munich, 2019
– Collective exhibition, 3 Projekte in DIA Galerie, Munich, 2019
– Jordi Burch, at Pickpocket Gallery, Lisbon, 2015
– Nelson d’Ayres, Lisbon, 2015
– Richard Kalvar, Paris, 2016
– Nikos Economopoulos, Peloponneso, 2016
– Irina Popova, Istanbul, 2017
– Paulo Nozolino, Arles, 2017
– Kristin Dittrich, Paris Photo, 2017
– Corinne Noordenbos, Storytelling in Documentary Photography, Vienna, 2018
– Antoine d’Agata, Le journal intime: aux limites de l’acte photographique, Arles, 2018
– Mathieu Asselin, Idea into Action, Long-term Project first steps, Fotodoks, Munich, 2019