I am Interested in how social-political and religious contexts can define the identity of the people. Human condition, emotional behaviour, survival, struggle.
As a Portuguese, the legacy follows me and there is an urge to discover and get to know the peoples of the world, their habitat, how they interact with each other, the communities. Interact to understand, communicate.
However, not interfering with the situation is important, in order to capture the real happening moment. The capture of a Filmographic mood can be seen as characteristic of my images. The moments in suspense, on hold.
I would define my work as: Light shapes the contrast of the Form – Human feelings form the contrast of the Content.
Born in Lisbon, Portugal. Grew up in a former industrial city in the suburbs of Lisbon. His grandfather was an amateur photographer in the 50s and 60s and travelled the world for exhibiting his work – see here.
Lives in Munich, Germany, working as a Software Engineer.
Photography studies in Lisbon between 2013 and 2015 in MEF (Movimento de Expressão Fotográfica).
Attended the Anzenberger Photography Masterclass 2017/2018, in Vienna (published a collective magazin, 2018).
Collective documentary Photography travels with MEF:
– Portuguese small villages (rural and desertified)
– India (published a collective book in 2015)
– São Tomé e Príncipe (African Islands)
– HongKong, Macau, China & Vietnam (published a collective book, 2017)
Jordi Burch, at Pickpocket Gallery, Lisbon, 2015
Nelson d’Ayres, Lisbon, 2015
Richard Kalvar, Paris, 2016
Nikos Economopoulos, Peloponneso, 2016
Irina Popova, Istanbul, 2017
Paulo Nozolino, Arles, 2017
Kristin Dittrich, Paris Photo, 2017
Corinne Noordenbos, Storytelling in Documentary Photography, Vienna, 2018
Antoine d’Agata, Le journal intime: aux limites de l’acte photographique, Arles, 2018
Mathieu Asselin, Idea into Action, Long-term Project first steps, Fotodoks, Munich, 2019
– Collective exhibition “NOW!” in Haus der Fotografie, Vienna, 2016
– Invited to the Frontpage of VASA-Project, online exhibition, 2017
– Collective exhibition “SÜD OST ORT WEST” in Kösk, Munich, 2017
– Collective exhibition “Ungleichheit” in Kösk, Munich, 2018
– Collective exhibition “Octagon” in Azenberger Gallery, Vienna, 2018
– Selected work “Velut Aegrum” to be exhibited in “Arles the time of an immersion”, Maison des Peintres, Arles, 2018
– Collective exhibition in dieFärberei, Munich, 2018
– Collective exhibition “Behinderung ist Rebelion” in Kösk, Munich, 2019
– Collective exhibition, 3 Projekte in DIA Galerie, Munich, 2019